Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to Work

Well after being on maternity leave for close to four months, I had my first night back to work last night. I'm happy to say that I made it through the shift, but apparently it was pretty obvious that I was tired come early morning. I don't know how I used to stay up all night! Everybody working was glad to see me and have me back, which made it nice, but trying to catch up on four months of information is proving to be rather difficult. I work in an Assisted Living Facility in the Memory Care section and before my leave we had 24 residents living in our area. A couple unfortunately passed away and we have a few new faces as well. Each resident has a service plan, documenting their needs and level of care, and we also keep progress notes of each resident. Being a medication aide, I'm responsible for knowing what is included in both. That's a lot of reading! My administrator said I only needed to read the last couple of weeks, but I would feel better knowing everything I've missed. Call me crazy I guess. Working nights I have more free time than other shifts so I will eventually get caught up on everything. The hardest thing has been having to leave my little Selena at home. Thankfully I am currently living with my Mom so I know she is well taken care of and she already sleeps through the night so I don't have to worry about her keeping my Mom up, as she works during the day. I know they say it will get easier, but when? I guess like everything you just have to give it time. Little one is crying now so I must go. Will try to write more later. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it through your first day. You just have to do what needs to be done. I know you'd rather not, but remember who you're doing it for and it'll give you the strength to keep pushing through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you sister. You are a kick ass mom and you still manage to work your butt off as well. I love you and hope you know that I do look up to you for all your strength and courage in the face of adversity.

    ReplyDelete